The Sony HDR-CX11E is Sony's latest full HD Camcorder.With the advances in digital cameras such as smile shutter and face detection, camcorders need to keep up and Sony did just that with the Sony HDR-CX11E.
The Sony HDR-CX11E is a small, compact camera that features Full HD (AVCHD) recording on a memory stick. The HDR-CX11E has a large, 2.7 inch widescreen LCD touch panel which has a high contrast ratio that enables you to use the LCD even in direct sunlight.
The latest features on the Sony HDR-CX11E is the smile shutter and face detection technology when you capture still images at 7.6 mega pixel resolution though it has the ability to capture still images up to 10.2 megapixel. The dual capture mode on the HDR-CX11E allows users to capture still images even when you're on the movie recording mode. The Sony HDR-CX11E is equipped with a Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T lens with 12x optical zoom.
The ClearVid CMOS sensor on the Sony HDR-CX11E allows users to capture low noise HD videos plus a zoom microphone allows you to capture 5.1 channel surround sound audio with less background noise.
The Sony Handycam HDR-CX11E has been announced and will be made available in Europe on August this year. No word as to when it will be released in the US.
Sony HDR-CX11E Features at a Glance:
- 1920x1080 Full HD recording on Memory Stick
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens
- ClearVid CMOS Sensor
- Smile Shutter and Face Detection
- 12x Optical Zoom and 150x Digital Zoom
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation
- 10.2 effective megapixel Still Image Recording
- 5.1ch Surround Recording with zoom microphone
- 2.7-inch Wide, Clear Photo LCD plus screen
- STAMINA up to 7 hours (with optional battery)