Looks like Motorola won't give up their no. 3 position to Sony Ericsson without a fight. Right on the heels of the introduction of Nokia's E71, Sony Ericsson's C905, and Samsung's Omnia, Motorola has announced their new camera phone in partnership with Kodak, the MotoZine ZN5.
The MotoZine ZN5 only has 5 megapixels camera, a far cry from Sony Ericsson's 8 megapixel shooter, the C905. What's cool about the MotoZine ZN5 is that it combines Motorola's mode shift technology (the one on the ROKR E8) with Kodak's Imaging technology.
Though there are many 5 megapixel camera phone on the market, the fact that it's Kodak's imaging technology on the MotoZine ZN5 would make this a promising camera phone. The back of the MotoZine ZN5 has a lens cover and when you slide it off, you can easily change to camera mode. Other camera features on the ZN5 aside from the 5 megapixel resolution is its Xenon Flash, auto focus, optional 4GB external memory, and optimum camera settings that can only be found using Kodak's imaging technology.
MotoZine ZN5 Features:
- Display: 2.4” 240x320 262k TFT
- Memory: 350MB available memory, optional removable 4GB memory card
- Camera Options: KODAK 5-megapixel Camera, auto-focus, low light optimized with Xenon flash, Multi-shot mode, Capture and edit modes: panorama, grayscale, sepia, negative, reddish, greenish, blueish, Fixed optical zoom lens, Focal length: 5.56mm. Aperture: 2.8/5.6, Digital viewfinder
- Sliding the lens cover
- ModeShift technology
- CrystalTalkTM technology for clear-sounding calls
- SMS, MMS, IM, personal e-mail1
- Full HTML open source browser
- 3.5mm A/V jack, FM radio6, music player
- Wi-Fi enabled/ WLAN: 802.11 b/g/i
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 11
- Stereo Bluetooth wireless technology (A2DP)2
- Video –C/P 15fps, MPEG4, H263
- TV out3
- Dimensions: 50.5mm (W) x 118mm (L) x 12mm (T) (16mm at bump)
- Talk Time: up to 349 to 574 minutes5
- Standby Time: up to 310 to 579 minutes5
- Weight: 114g
- Battery: 950 mAh
- Bands/Modes: GSM 850/900/1800/1900, EDGE Class 12, GPRS Class 12